Thursday, January 11, 2007

Some things I have learned while staying home with the baby...


  • Sometimes Dexter looks at me so lovingly it melts my heart.
  • Sometimes Dexter looks down his nose at me (like when I am bouncing him in his chair at the specific pace neccessary to prevent his tears). I swear his expression says, "You fool. You will answer to my every whim and love it. I am the boss of you. Hahahahahah."
  • The View is pretty stupid, but will keep you entertained while breastfeeding. Ditto for Reba and What I Like About You. (Reba is actually kind of funny.) Not the case with Maury, Tyra, and any Courtroom TV show. Those shows are bad in the unwatchable way.
  • My house is kind of messy, but at least it isn't dirty.
  • My huge pregnancy appetite hasn't gone away.
  • Traffic is a lot lighter during the day and Dexter loves the car.
  • Although I still don't let Dex sleep in the bed with us at night, I have given in to get an afternoon nap in, and it is my favorite time of day. (Not just for the sleep but for the snuggling.)
  • Time flies! I can't believe how fast the days pass.
  • I am tired. and...
  • This motherhood stuff is the hardest and most wonderful thing I've ever done.

No comments: