Friday, January 05, 2007

Social Butterflies...

A few days before Christmas I left the house for the first time with Dex and without Joel (sort of). I had to follow him to take his car in to the shop. It was a very short trip, but you would have thought I was traveling to Darfur or something; I was that terrified the whole time. My knuckes were white as I gripped the steering wheel trying to wrap my brain around the enormity of trusting my driving enough to transport the cargo that was most precious to me. I didn't even remember to bring a diaper bag. I couldn't wait to return to the safety of my home. Fast forward two weeks and I am happy to report that Dex and I went out together on Wednesday and today. We visited with a few friends and even hit the grocery store. I still get overwhelmed with the responsibility of taking care of this little guy, but we are handling it together. Not to say that there won't hundreds of other scary points in this adventure, but I am glad that initial terror has abated somewhat.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Just relax & have fun. Dex is lucky to have you for a Mom...Mom