Sunday, December 03, 2006

Late Arrival...

Well, it's December 3rd and little Thelonius has not deigned to make an appearance yet. Nor do I think s/he will anytime too soon. (But who knows? I've never done this before.)

I do know this...the latest it will be is December 12th. (Though I guess it could be the 13th if I have a dreadfully long labor?) So you can really place your bets now.

I am trying to be very chipper and upbeat about this delay because this is truly one of those things in life that you just can't control. (And for a control freak like me, what a hard lesson to learn!)

So I am nesting to keep myself occupied. I have reorganized most of the cabinets in my house. Joel and I cleaned the basement as much as possible...but there is a lot of stuff down there. As of this morning, the Christmas shopping is finished! Woo hoo! The giant pile of crap that usually litters my desk is almost completely gone. Next week, I guess the cooking and freezing will start.

I will have to say that by not coming this weekend, Thelonius is missing one breathtaking view out of the nursery window. The sun is shining and there is still snow on the trees and the backyard looks like the best kind of winter wonderland. But I am certainly enjoying the view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess Thelonius-watch 2006 has officially begun. I can't wait! Enjoy your last few days of peace and quiet - s/he'll be here before you know it!

Jane said...

I just can't wait....!!!!! Mom