Saturday, December 16, 2006

Another hormone induced meander...


WARNING: I still haven't gotten my sarcasm back. This post is cheesey, gushy, and devoid of all irony. I'm sure I'll return to my old self soon...

but I couldn't have gotten through this week so well without the help of our wonderful family and friends. From bringing us meals, to babysitting so I could nap, to breast feeding class and massages, my family and friends have really pitched in to make this first week home beautiful and memorable. I've felt wrapped in a cocoon where I can focus on taking care of Little Man and figuring out this whole mom thing. It's even better because it is right before Christmas. For those of you who read this, I can't thank you enough for the company and support this week.

I loved watching my sister Liza, Little Man's godmother, with the baby yesterday. She tries to put up a tough exterior, but to those who know her, or those who watch her with a baby, it is clear what a softie she is. I feel so overwhelmed and fortunate to watch Martha, my mom, dad, Jen, Liza, my aunties, etc. and to know that they love this little guy too and that Joel and I are not in this alone. Now if only I can sleep.

1 comment:

Woodlandmama said...

I am myself with blatant contradictions. I think that you think I try to put up a tough exterior, I just am myself.