Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Feeling Christmassy...

So here are some of 2006's favorite Carols. (Some are the same from last year.)

"River" by Joni Mitchell: a very sad Christmas song, but so beautiful.

"What are you Doing New Years?" by Diana Krall: A very sultry song that makes you want to slow dance under Misteltoe.

"Silver Bells" by Stevie Wonder: There are a lot of great versions of this song, but this one just kicks up that Christmas feeling a notch for me.

"Fairytale of New York" by The Pogues: A fun, Irish Christmas song.

"Sleigh Ride" by the Ronettes: Another really fun song that a lot of people do, but their version is my favorite.

"All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey: OK, she can be a bit cheesey, but this song reminds me of a favorite chick flick, Love Actually. Then it makes me feel happy that I have a great family and I'm in love.

P.S. Still no appearance by Thelonius...

1 comment:

Woodlandmama said...

Olivia Olson sings the version on Love Actually. It's a much better version.