Saturday, November 11, 2006

The not-so-desperate housewife...

I hope I am as cute and fun as my mother when little Thelonius arrives.



The camper my mom is sitting on in the first picture is the source of some of my favorite childhood memories. There was a bed right over the cab where my sisters and I would hang out and play barbies during long rides. (I guess you probably couldn't do that anymore because everyone would have to be buckled in.) We didn't even mind when the camper broke down or overheated every hundred miles because we had plenty of stuff to do to keep up busy. When it no longer worked we moved it to Woodhaven where it served as our makeshift cottage. As a frequent nighttime pee-er (see almost any other entry in the last few months). I would always almost (and one time did) step on Jen's head as I climbed down from the bunkbed. (Maybe that explains some of the posts at LaSirena... just kidding lovely sister.) Of course I have been trying to convince Joel for the last several years that we need an RV. For some reason he thinks it is trashy. I have found a way around it though...I have started calling it a tour bus. Now I think he is on board.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you might have used her head as a rung on a ladder. That much damage can not be caused with a one time inadvertent step.

Anonymous said...

Ken don't give in to Barbie, if you do I have some bib overalls for you. And if you give in on this, she will have you strumming on a banjo.