Sunday, October 01, 2006

Seven months...


and I am huge! I can't believe how puffy I look and still have two months to go. Honestly, the photos are harsh because I don't feel this big when I look in the mirror. I barely recognize myself...

Still, none of this matters. I couldn't be happier. We had one of those perfect days yesterday. Joel's mom and stepdad were visiting and a friend, Suzanne. We (meaning, they, mostly) worked on the house taking care of dreaded projects such as hanging art work and photos on our walls. The house looks so much cozier now that our "stuff has been strutted". (Suzanne's decorating business where she works with the things you have is called Strut your Stuff.) Then last night Thelonius was kicking so forcefully that you could see it make my stomach move through my shirt. Joel started talking to the belly, and the baby was kicking even more to the sound of his voice. Sorry to get a bit emotional on you, but the sound of Joel's laughing and the feel of the baby fluttering in my stomach is a memory that I am tucking away to remember on an unforgiving day.

Though right now I am hiding out because I am having heart attacks while Joel is perched precariously on a ladder in our stairwell as he tries to move our stained glass up to the atrium window. Yikes. I am kind of afraid of heights so even watching it makes me nervous.

1 comment:

La Sirena said...

You're beautiful!