Monday, October 09, 2006

An excellent weekend...

One year ago we were living in my dad's condo waiting for the family of ten to move out of our house. You all probably know our nightmare story of the fight to move into this place, but I like to try and remember how powerless and frustrated we felt at the time. It makes this feeling of loving the house that much sweeter now. As a one week delay turned into two months many people told us that we might have to prepare to let this house go, and we almost did. We didn't want to make a stupid decision. I am so glad we fought for the house though. It is shaping up to be such a beautiful place. Although it is a money pit, it is also, definitely a home.

Wasn't this a great weekend? I love a three day weekend, and one where you have almost nothing to do is even better. Joel and I did projects around the house, watched some movies and TV, and enjoyed each other's company on three very sunny days. And we finally got around to stenciling what will be the nursery. Not the most professional job, but I think the dragonflies turned out pretty well. You can't tell from the pictures, but their wings are iridescenct.


No comments: