Wednesday, August 17, 2005

more books...

One of the many things I love about August is that two of the mystery writers I like put new books out. I am a sucker for a mystery/thriller. I don’t know if I should credit my father, the retired Chicago policeman, or my mother, who gave me a V.I. Warshawsky novel to read when I was in high school. Anyway, if you like a good, escapist read from a female author, here is a list of my favorites:

Tess Gerritsen (
Vanish 8/23)

Karin Slaughter (Faithless 8/30)
Patricia Cornwell (Predator 10/25)

Nevada Barr
Lisa Gardner

Kathy Reichs
Sara Paretsky

Sue Grafton


There are plenty of excellent male mystery writers, but that list is for another day. Also, the book club is reading
The Cape Ann by Faith Sullivan for September (Beth's choice).

NKB

No comments: