Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The couch potatoes



So our little family has gotten into the bad habit of turning the TV on pretty regularly. I used to be good about only turning it on if there was something specific to watch; now I just turn it on because it is there. Yesterday I hit a new low by watching a rerun of Who's The Boss. (I don't care if it WAS the 80's. There is no excuse for Judith Light's hair.) Then today I watched (on TV of course) a segment about how many Americans are suffering from sleep deprivation and one cause is the TV. (duh. Makes sense.) So...I am making a little challenge with myself and forcing Joel to go along. We're going to shut off the TV at 8:00 on weeknights and hopefully wean ourselves down from there. (Though I will have to record a few shows that I love to watch later or on the weekend.) I hope it lasts longer than the other challenges I have undertaken. (Who can forget the snooze alarm debacle of '03 and the 40 hours I lasted on the Atkins diet in the height of that craze? Mmmm bacon.) Anyhoo, I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Also, don't spoil what happens on ANTM tonight because I am taping it to watch tomorrow.

3 comments:

Pelmo said...

A quick recap of ANTM:
Laquisha announced she was pregnant and was dropping out to have the baby
Terra came out and proclaimed she was gay, and she and Brook are running off to the islands to be together.
Cindy announced the whole concept was silly and she was going back to the farm in Iowa.
Judges and audience shocked at finding out Paula is really Paul as wardrobe malfunctions.

La Sirena said...

What the heck is ANTM???

Pelmo said...

Number one show if your a yuppie. Americas next top model.