Tuesday, May 23, 2006

What I'm listening to this month...

Each month I make a new playlist in iTunes and then listen to it almost everyday for a month until I can't stand it any more. Here are some selections from May:

- "Springtime Can Kill You" Jolie Holland (Really great female folk singer with a haunting voice. This is from her newest CD)
- "The Trapeze Swinger" Iron and Wine (Pretty song, pretty lyrics)
- "Everybody is a Star" Joan Osborne (I love the Sly and the Family Stone version, but I also love a female singer with a raspy voice, so this is a fun cover.)
- "Spooky" The Classics (Love IS kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like me...)
- "Goodbye Alice in Wonderland" Jewel (fun new single)
- "In a Sentimental Mood" John Coltrane (Joel has me listening to jazz. What is this world coming to?)
- "For Good" Wicked Soundtrack (Every month must have at least one showtune in it.)
-"Fireflies" Rhett Miller and Rachael Yamagata (This is the lead singer of Old 97's... very pretty song.)
- "Kissing My Love" Bill Withers (Each month needs a remind me of Joel song, too. This is May's.)

No comments: