Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Well, I haven't posted in a long time, mainly because I am boring. I have been spending a lot of time outside trying to deal with the mess that we call "landscaping" in our front yard. Joel fired me though because I just Edward Scissorhanded two of our three Holly bushes. Oops. Plus I got all passive agressive with this ratty looking Juniper. I just cut it back to stumps.
...
Joel rarely makes fun of me. (I assume because I am near perfect, right?) But today, he breaks out into this impersonation of me at lunch. He uses a valley girl voice and says, "This is sometimes how Nora sounds: 'Blah, blah, blah, Veronica Mars, blah, blah blah, Entertainment Weekly, blah, blah, blah Showtunes'." All the while making goofy looking gestures. I was so proud of him! I knew if I just waited long enough my catty, sarcastic sense of humor would rub off. Payoff is a bitch though because I have to take him to this jazz concert for his birthday on Friday. I'm sure there will be no end to hilarious "What's with the sausage fest? and Only geeks like jazz fusion" jokes.

No comments: