Sunday, June 28, 2009

Recipe Attempt two: Are you sensing a theme?

I have now made the "Best Scrambled Eggs" recipe from HTCE several times. The basic theory is...cook at a low temperature, break up into small curds, be patient! The first time I made them Joel was a bit skeptical. The quote: "When I saw them on the plate I thought they were underdone, and I thought I usually liked them in bigger pieces, but I would eat this everyday if you made it for me." Much more positive feedback then with the Quiche, so thumbs up to this one. Here are some pics from our Sunny, Sunday Scramble. I've included the recipe at the bottom.


2 to 4 TBLSPNS butter
5 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tspn fresh tarragon (I used dill because that's what I had in the garden)
2 TBLSPNS cream

Place medium skillet over high heat for a minute. Add the butter and swirl it around in the pan. After the butter melts, but before it foams turn the heat to low.
Beat the eggs with the remaining ingredients and pour into the skillet. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. At first nothing will happen; after 10 minutes or so the eggs will begin to form curds. Do not lose patience: Keep stirring, breaking up the curds as they form, until the mixture is a mass of soft curds. This will take 30 minutes or more.

1 comment:

Pelmo said...

Just look at Dexter's face and what it's saying.

"This is some kind of joke, and you don't really want me to eat that". And can anyone please drive me to Pete's house so I can get some real food?