Saturday, March 01, 2008

Orchids by Hausermann Part I

Today Dex, my mom, Jen and I spent the morning at Orchids by Hausermann. This is only part one because I think my mom's pictures are way better than mine so I'll probably post those too. First, it was nice to spend this morning in a greenhouse to get my spring fix. (The ten degree weather coming on Thursday certainly won't grant me that.)

So behold: Some pretty orchids--


Little man...roaming down the ailes like he owns the place...

What kind of plant is this? I assume cactus, but what kind? I must know. Google searches of dreadlock cactus were not successful

And although he was an angel all day, Dex got into lots of trouble at home.

4 comments:

Woodlandmama said...

Try Cleistocactus winteri or Rat-tail cactus

Pelmo said...

Actually, I like to refer to it by it's proper name, Aporocactus flagelliformis.

Meander said...

Very impressive find, Liza and big vocabulary words Pelmo.

Pelmo said...

One has to choose one's words carefully when conversing with a Master teacher.

Kind of hard with a Doctor on one side and a Master on the other.