Sunday, February 26, 2006

March is non-fiction month for Nora!

So I have about a million papers to grade tonight which is why I keep coming back to the computer and posting inane messages, and so here is the latest:

I haven't posted any book reviews/ suggestion in a while because I haven't been reading very much as I near my final yearbook deadline. (What I have been reading is of the very bad chick lit sort that can be checked out of the library .)

I usually read strictly fiction. Who wants to deal with reality? This month, however, both grown-up book clubs that I am in are reading non-fiction. (I also moderate a student book club at school, but we read young adult novels about whether or not boys like them) I have alsofound a few non-fiction books on my own that I want to read as well. So hear is the list if you are interested, I will check back with you when I am finished.
In Cold Blood
Pullman : An Experiment in Industrial Order and Community Planning, 1880-1930
Not Buying It: My Year without Shopping (as if)
Money, A Memoir : Women, Emotions, and Cash
Bungalow Style : Creating Classic Interiors in Your Arts and Crafts Home

I doubt I'll get to all of them, but this is what I'm interested in this month. Then, I will be returning to fiction with Ahab's Wife . A recommendation from my sister, Jennifer.

No comments: