Sunday, November 11, 2007


Joel says I should stop playing dress up with the baby. When he brought it up the other day I summarized some of the finer points of labor with him. (He did SLEEP for part of it so I think he just needed a refresher.) I didn't have the world's worst labor, but it was still "labor". Thirteen hours of it = a minimum of 13 years of dressing him up in funny hats, right?


Pelmo, my stepdad, will probably also have something to say about the hats. But I think that is because he is only familiar with the big, white, cone-shaped hats you have to wear in a corner.

3 comments:

Pelmo said...

Thank God your labor didn't last 24 hours. He would look pretty silly, saying, "My mother made me wear it" when going out on dates.

Pelmo said...

I know you are shocked to learn that I can remember as far back as grammar school. But it was the big pink Buster Brown bow tie and not a silly hat, one had to wear for disiplinary purposes. Even back in the dark ages, the hat was considered, cruel and unusual punishment.

La Sirena said...

I was in labor for 23.5 hours.

Poor Donovan!

(I think Dex looks very handsome in his hats...)