Sunday, August 05, 2007

This one time at yearbook camp...

Wow! I was at yearbook camp this weekend. I learned a whole lot about Adobe indesign, but it was a scary, scary weekend. The scary part was what a glimpse into my own adolescence it was. I was exactly that type of nerdy, extroverted, quirky, insecure girl that were all over the place this weekend. (Except without the ninja graphic design skills that many of these girls had.) There was a whole lot of giggling. There were some cheers. There was a little bit of rewriting movie quotes so they fit the yearbook theme. ("Deadlines? We don't need no stinkin' deadlines." or "As tif" and "Al-write-y then". For real, I am not kidding.) I must say my sense of irony and my propensity for sarcasm have returned, but I tried to set a good example for my students. (Though I didn't make them do cheers.) I was really happy to get home today; I missed the little man. Still, I did learn a lot of super-cool bells and whistles to use in the yearbook and got a lot of sleep and a little planning for school so that's good news.

No comments: