Tuesday, August 28, 2007

This is the last day of my vacation. Oh oh oh... (I am cursed with always hearing songs in my head.) Yesterday was Dexter's first day at daycare. We were both slightly traumatized by the end of the day, but Joel tells me that we are all going to live through it so I guess I'll believe him. The good news is that I am in school supply heaven, although I have scaled down a bit this year. I am quite proud of my restraint, but I am not sure if Joel thinks this is very "scaled down". This year for school I only bought:
10 packs of markers (.60 a piece. I missed the really good sale at Target. That is second best.)
20 glue sticks
3 packages of pencils
1 pretty notebook
1 planner
5 blank wall charts
1 roll of bulletin board paper
1 stamper
1 bookbag
1 package of 811 stickers
No borders! No fancy pens! No motivational posters that say things like "Hang in there" with a kitty dangling from a tree branch!

I don't know how I'll survive on such meager reserves, but this is the new me. (Insert eyerolling emoticon here.)

5 comments:

Pelmo said...

The end of Western Civilization is near when 20 glue sticks take precedents over even one fancy pen.

Jane said...

No new pencil case? I still like clean pencil cases.

Pelmo said...

Just for your information, the premise of this page is that I and others leave witty and clever comments. Repartee is required on your part, so that good natured banter could prevail. Some refer to this as verbal jousting.

Meander said...

Hey Pelmo...some of us actually WORK for a living. (Well ten months out of the year anyway.)

Also, I used to get all these fancy pens from my mom. I wonder why she stopped giving them to me???!

Pelmo said...

WORK?????? Oh yes I remember hearing that word someplace. Guess it's time to pull out the dictionary.

Even I haven't gotten any new pens in a long time. But you are more then welcome to dip into my secret stash.