Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hey! Some reviews!

Hooray! I finished some books! I visited the three for two table at Borders. So far I finished The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard. It is always nice when a book you don't suspect much from takes you by surprise. It was a great suspense/ romantic novel. I could figure out what was happening pretty early on, but it was still an absorbing read. Currently I am reading Absurdistan by Gary Shteyngart. It was also from the three for two table at Borders. Based on some on-line reviews it seemed like a funny read so I chose it for the neighborhood book club book. So far I am disappointed. It seems kind of misogynistic. It might be ironic or for character development, but so far I am not in love. It also seems to be a bit of a rip off of A Confederacy of Dunces.

Tonight I am watching Night at the Museum with the Boston Barrs. I really was bummed when Anna suggested it as a rental choice, but I am pleasantly surprised. It is funnier and has more of a plot than I thought it would.

Although those were all things I enjoyed, nothing beats a little prunes and oatmeal.

1 comment:

La Sirena said...

Dex is rockin the prune goatee!