Sunday, April 08, 2007

Doing my homework...

So Woodland Mama has given us another topic to blog about. This time it is embarrassing moments. I used to get embarrassed by everything that my parents did or said, but felt that everything I did or said was the epitome of cool so I don't think too many things stick out under the banner of "most embarrassing". Plus, I was never shy or introverted so I wouldn't have been embarrassed, say, asking an old lady to zip up my skorts. In fact, I would have chatted with her about how they don't make clothes like they used to and wouldn't you like to go get a club soda with me? There is a bathing suit incident from Michigan, but I have told and re-told that story so many times that it no longer embarrasses me either. But upon giving the matter some thought, there are certain elements of my teenage years that make me cringe today. First of all, if you had asked me when I was a junior in high school where I liked to shop the most, my answer would have honestly been the Disney Store. My prized possession was my maroon and navy blue Mickey Mouse baseball cap. I wore it with the rim bent in a "U" shape with my ponytail and scrunchie threaded through the hole in the back. I spent my tip money from Bac-N-Eggs on Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast stickers that I would seriously pass around at school to everyone I knew insisting that they put it on their shirt. I bought Happy Meals so that I could have the Disney toy that came with them and I'd glue them on the dashboard of my car or play with them during study hall. I thought this made me quirky, now it makes me want to hide my face.

3 comments:

Pelmo said...

I just wish they would bring back the Sesame Street store. I wear my Elmo logo just as proudly as you yuppies wear your polo pony or aligator ones.

Woodlandmama said...

Hey, I always thought your car was cool, except that time you, me , and Kelly were driving, and you made us squirt people with a super soaker and that guy chased us, AND YOU STOPPED AT THE YELLOW LIGHT! That crazy guy jumped all over the car. That wasn't cool!

Meander said...

Ah...memories. I used to think that was a hilarious game to play. Now that seems like a stupid thing to do.