Tuesday, April 11, 2006

In which I shamelessly solicit donations...

I really hate asking people for money. (Ask my mother who more than once chipped in on neighbors' newspaper subscriptions because I was too humiliated to go ask for the $1.25 cost of the subscription.)

I am, however, participating in a Walk-a-thon fundraiser for Autism. (This is no three day walk, it is maybe 5k, but the point is that all the money goes to Autism research.) This cause is important to me, not only because there are a few people I care about dealing with Autism or some other diagnosis on the same strand, but also as a teacher I see how issues of the brain affect, not only the students, but families and schools. I don't pretend to be an expert on the subject, but I want to know why the number of diagnosed cases of autism increases every year.

Anyway, if you want to donate there is a link on the left of the screen which says "Donate to Cure Autism Now". This is my homepage. If you donate through that link they do not sell your name, but you will receive ocassional emails from them. (Once a month). Otherwise, you can donate to me or someone in my family.

Also, please feel free not to donate. As I said before, I hate asking for money and promise this is the last time. Enjoy your day.

No comments: