Monday, November 28, 2005

Reading

I just finished reading Adam Langer's Crossing California . If you grew up in Chicago in the seventies or eighties I think you will really enjoy this book. It was sort of a love song to Chicago the way that Middlesex was to Detroit. Anyway it was quite funny and I can't wait to read the follow up, The Washington Story . (Hint to whichever of my sisters has my name in the grab bag...love you.)

I also read A Million Little Pieces. I have mixed feelings about it. It paints a very vivid picture of one man's experience in rehab. It id a unique experience though. I wonder if there is a backlash from people in AA because the novel doesn't always portray this group in the most positive light.

Anyway, now that Joel and I have returned from the always restful Grand Rapids, I am sure I won't have as much time for reading so that might be it for a while. Sigh. Back to painting.

No comments: