Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I was all set to give a very snarky post-Oscars post, but then they were super boring and I didn't have much to say. I tried relying on General Sarcasmo (nephew Donovan) for some facetious quotes, but he said, "I am way to busy to make any comments for my aunt and her blog." (Imagine smart-aleck thirteen year old making quote marks with his fingers where the italics are.) So... I will piece together what I am left with:

-Ugliest dresses: Charlize Theron and Naomi Watts, though Hillary Swank's was doing a great job yanking her boobs down to her stomach.

-Jon Stewart- Really funny, too bad most of the audience doesn't have a sense of humor. I totally loved the Gay Cowboy Montage...

-Nicole Kidman looks more and more like a hairless cat


-I loved Walk the Line and Reese as June Carter Cash, still her speech irked me. I just sort of get the feeling that if you went to school with her you would have hated her. And maybe her role as Tracy Flick in Election was not that much of a stretch.

-George Clooney is dreamy and charming and perhaps the only actor present with a personality.

-What was up with all the interpretive dance?

-Dolly Parton is scary.

-The female producer of Crash totally had a fall on. Go fake hair!

My sister Jen wants to add: maybe Larry McMurtry was wearing jeans (odd!) but did it seem to you like maybe Diana Ossana washed down about 10 mg of valium with 4 dry martinis after having a double treatment with botox? I mean she was talking slowly and weirdly...

And I loved Crash, but I am not positive about best picture. I just watched The Constant Gardener and thought it was incredible. Also, again, Walk the Line was great. But, what do I know? I did, after all see most of these on DVD, and as the Academy was kind enough to point out multiple times, you can only really experience a movie in the theater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As for Diana Ossana (who is a close friend), she had just lost her son--he was a paraplegic and had died the same way Christopher Reeves had, from a skin infection. So...she hadn't been drinking, nor doing drugs, nor is she the kind of person who would ever have botox. She was merely doing her best to appear professional and composed under the tremendous weight of grief. Be careful what conclusions you make about someone without knowing anything about them.