Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I've been on a reading binge lately. Here are some thoughts.
  • The Cape Anne- (Faith Sullivan) This was a book club book. I really enjoyed it a lot, although it took me a while to get into it. But then the characters became so engrossing that I then read the sequel...
  • Gardenias- Also a good read.
  • Faithless- (Karin Slaughter) Interesting if you like mysteries, but if you haven't read any by Slaughter then I suggest you go back and read the first one: Blindsighted.
  • Goodnight Nobody- (Jennifer Weiner) I so loved In Her Shoes, Good in Bed, and Little Earthquakes that I wanted to love this too. It was alright...I liked that the main character was a bit flawed; I thought certain plot points were too ridiculous for me. (And I am not terrible picky about plot.)
  • Pride and Prejudice- This is the One Book One Chicago selection and my student book club is reading it. Can you believe that I have never read it? All the mysteries and chick lit might be rotting my brain because I am struggling with the language. I need to go back to school!

No comments: